Comité Technique Européen du Fluor
"CTEF (Comité Technique Européen du Fluor) was formed in 1975 to assure safe production, storage, transportation and use of hydrofluoric acids.
CTEF represents the major producers of hydrogen fluoride and fluoride chemicals in Europe. Hydrofluoric acid is used as a chemical feedstock for fluorocarbons. It is also used in petroleum refining and glass treatment, in the metallurgic industry, in the production of electronics, pharmaceuticals and agrochemicals, as well as in consumer products like detergents and toothpastes.
The sector group aims to
- ensure the proper production, handling, transportation and use of hydrofluoric acid
- ensure effective protection of workers, the environment and the population around hydrofluoric acid plants
- ensure proper medical treatment in case of accidental hydrofluoric acid burns
- study the trends in hydrofluoric acid consumption in view of the rapidly changing legislation for downstream products
- ensure adequate communication on its products and recommendations"
Source: CTEF website